Here are 9 facts you may not know about hunger around the world:
- 48 million Americans are food insecure
- 15 million American children are food insecure
- 9 percent of all seniors in the U.S. are food insecure
- One in every eight people goes to bed hungry each night.
- 60 percent of the world’s hungry are women.
- One-third of the food produced around the world is never consumed.
- 300 million children go hungry every day.
- Hunger kills more people each year than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined.
- Every 10 seconds, a child dies from hunger.
Still, there is some good news:
- The number of people living with hunger has dropped over the last 23 years.
- The world produces enough food for everyone to live a healthy, productive life.
Right here in our area, there are many people who are food insecure and need access to nutritious food. At Toni’s Kitchen, we are doing everything we can to help meet this need. With your help, we have increased the number of meals we’re serving in our kitchen, and the number of meals we’re delivering out in the community through program partnerships.
To help, please donate by clicking here: https://secure3.4agoodcause.com/tonis-kitchen/gift.aspx?id=1