Toni’s Kitchen is using the simple backpack to provide healthy food to families in the community through a variety of outreach partnerships. Each backpack contains healthy food and snacks like apple sauce, peanut butter, tuna, raisins, grains (breads and oatmeal) and fresh produce. We invite people to donate directly to the backpack program. We also sponsor “Feed Families Friday” every week, when we take donations of food for our backpack program.
Here’s 3 ways you can help this great program:
1. Donate Money. We will take your donations to buy items for the backpack, and replace backpacks as needed. It does’t take a lot of money to make a lot of difference:
– You can sponsor a backpack for a week for $12
– You can sponsor a backpack for a month for $48
– You can sponsor a backpack for a year for $624
You can donate online by clicking here: https://secure3.4agoodcause.com/tonis-kitchen/gift.aspx?id=1
2. Volunteer. We can always use help in putting together the backpacks and delivering them. You can contact us at Toni’s Kitchen at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for this great program.
3. Donate Food. We pack the backpack with nutritious food that can help a family make many meals at home during the week. Here are some of the foods we can use:
FOOD ITEMS FOR TONI’S KITCHEN BACKPACK PROGRAM:
If you’re interested in sponsoring a backpack, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Below is a list of items that we will be using regularly in the backpacks. If you would like to donate any of these items, you can drop them off every Friday at Toni’s Kitchen during our “Feed Families Friday” donation day from 9 am to 1 pm. You can also drop off food at other times we’re open as well: Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm and Sunday from 4 pm to 6 pm.