The Montclair community came out in force on the Martin Luther King, Jr., Day of Service on Monday, January 16, to bring donations and volunteer at Toni’s Kitchen. Schools in the area were particularly active in gathering and donating food to Toni’s.
Some highlights from the day:
- Hillside school kids were at Toni’s helping fill backpacks for our neighbors with food need. Asher, one of the students, says: “It feels really good to help out.”
- Hope Kornstein donated her leftover cupcakes from her batmitzvah!
- CohnReznick accounting from Roseland donated sandwiches and snacks for 125 people.
- The Montclair State University Bonner group made sandwiches for our guests.
- West Essex Middle School students came by with food drive donations, homemade meals and desserts.
- Students from the Renaissance School dropped off donations for our Backpack program and packed some backpacks as well.
- Students at Bradford School made soup for our guests.
We thank all the members of our community who participated in the MLK Day of Service. Your work will help the needy in our community fight hunger.