Thank you for thinking of our guests’ need for nutritious food. Your food donations help us. Our food donation guidelines are designed to preserve our guests’ health and address their nutritional needs.
- Food donations: We happily accept homemade food, fresh produce, non perishables, and kitchen staples like paper towels. Although we do not have restrictions on homemade or catered food, we love nut-free baked goods and healthier dishes like hearty soups and stews, chicken and veggie stir fry, rice and beans. Any amount appreciated! We also ask that you do not donate food that has been previously served.
- Best time to drop off donations are Thur/Fri/Sat from 9am to 1pm and Sunday from 3 to 4:30pm at Toni’s Kitchen at St. Luke’s Church, 73 S. Fullerton Ave., Montclair, enter through Union Street parking lot. Please visit our website for more info/guidelines on food/clothing donations and where we are located.
Food Donation Q & A
Q: Can I bring leftover food?
A: We love leftovers! But we are also very careful with them. We gladly accept any leftover food in its original packaging. We cannot accept food that has been out to be served. For example, from a catered event, we can accept a tray of food that has not been opened and not set out to be served. We cannot take a tray that has been served from.
Q: Do you accept canned goods?
A: Yes! We’d love to have a canned goods donation. Please check expiration dates!
Q: What about frozen foods? Are these OK to donate?
Q: Can I make something in my kitchen to donate to Toni’s Kitchen?
A: Definitely, we love homemade food. It can be anything from soup to lasagna to baked bread or goodies. Thank you!
Donations of Other Items for Our Guests
We do regular distributions of the following items:
- Toiletries — all kinds
- Warm socks, gloves, hats, scarves
- Men’s winter boots and work boots
- Men’s underwear (new only please)
- Warm hoodies, sweaters and sweatshirts
- Warm coats and jackets
- Books (limit of 20 books at a time please — our library is small)
We only distribute clothing items that are clean and in very good condition.